JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Saturday, October 06, 2007

Update on yeast in quick oat loaf



















The quick oat loaf I made the other day was finished up at breakfast this morning, and is particularly good toasted. However, it was a little too yeasty ... I specified 2 tsp dried yeast, when one would have done. All because I couldn't find the little bit of paper that floats around my kitchen and study with the yeast conversion amounts. Here it is:

10g fresh yeast = 5g dried yeast = 3g fast yeast (the sort that comes in 7g packets)

2 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Ever since I started reading more about bread, I've started cutting down on the yeast called for in most all recipes. Time brings a lot more flavor than more yeast.

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

It looks very good! Was the bread board made by one of your children?