JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Monday, May 04, 2009

New bread knife

















The other day, I tried to slash dough with my 30-year-old bread knife. The dough tore and needed more time to rise again. I went out and bought a new bread knife. Very sharp. Now the young can cut bread straight, and I realise their previous inability to do this was because of the tool they were using.

Now there's no problem slashing dough with a knife. I'm just worried one of us is going to end up in A&E.

6 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Nothing beats a good knife.
Gorgeous bread.

Sam said...

Having sharp knives makes such a difference, they're well worth the investment in my opinion.

Unknown said...

I love me a good bread knife! Your bread looks delicious, by the way.

Juandy said...

A Good & sharp Knife is Chef's best friend :)

I love your blog, it feels very at home and comfortable :)

Btw I run a blog about Colostrum,it's the cow's pre-milk.

I don't represent any brand or company. It's my Personal Blog. Here I post my collection of articles about this amazing substance and its miraculous healing properties.

Would you be so kind to exchange link with me by linking to my blog? I've already added your blog in "Healthy BLogs" section...

Amazing Healing Properties of Colostrum...

http://natural-colostrum.blogspot.com

Joanna said...

It's funny, all my knives are kept sharp, but not, until now, the bread knife ... from now on

Thanks, friends, for kind words about the bread - granary flour with lots of seeds .... and it rose properly because I was able to slash it properly :)

Joanna

Health Advocate said...

Yes good knives makes life much much easier.