JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Sunday, May 10, 2009

Blueberry muffins

















We've been eating blueberry muffins this afternoon. Lettice made them. This is how:

for 12 muffins

75g melted butter
200g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarb
2 tsp baking powder
100 ml yoghurt mixed with 100g milk
1 egg
200g blueberries

Heat the oven to 200C. Melt the butter. Combine in a bowl the flour, bicarb and baking powder. In a measuring jug, mix the yog/milk with the egg and butter, then lightly stir this into the flour. Don't overwork, and don't worry about lumps. Fold in the fruit, then spoon into muffin cases. (Nigella mentions the possibility of adding orange zest, but Lettice didn't bother.)

Bake for 20 minutes. They'll be golden and delicious. Eat hot or cold. We thought they'd be good made with raspberries, or chopped up strawberries. Lettice thought they'd be good with bananas; I didn't.


















Adapted from Nigella's How to be a Domestic Goddess

9 comments:

Sally said...

Your blog looks so yummy. :) Now I just need to convert everthing into ounces and teaspoons. :)

tut-tut said...

I covet that stove . . .

Monica said...

This muffins look delicious! I'm going to try your reipe out.Thank you so much

Ellie said...

mmmmm Blueberry muffins are one of my favourites.....very sad that I missed them.....Hint hint......
E xx

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Wish I'd been eating some of those.

Katie said...

I think blueberry muffins are one of my favourites - these look fab

Joanna said...

Jeff - there are conversion charts on my sidebar, so that I can do the reverse :)

tut-tut - I love it, in fact, I don't know how I'm going to manage for the summer

Thanks for kind words, Monica, E, Tanna, Katie .... these have converted me to liking muffins, I've never been that keen until now

Joanna

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

Well done, Lettice. Fantastic - and my favourite kind. Blueberry muffins NEVER disappoint!

James said...

Just what I need - a good muffin recipe. I'll let you know the results.