JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Monday, March 17, 2008

Pizza bianca with rosemary

Horatio and I had pizza for lunch.... although they weren't remotely similar. His had tomato sauce, mozzarella, mortadella, some chicken, great chunks of raw onion - you get the picture. Mine was a variation on the pizza bianca I've been making pretty regularly for the last few weeks - only this time, instead of fennel seeds, I used finely chopped rosemary ... really really delicious with the strong taste of anchovy and the sweetness of the sultanas (I left out the capers I normally use for this pizza).

Definitely one to make again, whatever Horatio says - and he was very vocal in his criticism ;)

Related links

White pizza with fennel seeds
Pissaladiere

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love white pizza!

Ed Bruske said...

White pizza is one of our favorites, Joanna. My wife has so many different toppings, we can make an entire evening around it.