JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Friday, February 22, 2008

Chickpea patties from Mount Athos


















There haven't been many photographs here lately ... this is what the famous Mount Athos chickpea patties look like ... I've been eating them all week. Really really good. Just don't put in all the flour.

This is my entry for Weekend Herb Blogging, hosted by Lia at Swirling Notions


Related links

Mount Athos diet / chickpea patties
Mount Athos chickpea patties, an update
Chickpea mash
Nohutlu pilav

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look splendid. We eat shedloads of pulses (probably to make up for the shedload of red wine and meat - perhaps we were inadvertantly on the MA diet!)and I frequently end up coming home from work and pulling a couple of tins of chickpeas or similar out of the pantry and thinking "okay now what" so now I have something new to try:)

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Great photo! They look plenty good to eat Joanna. Maybe I should make some buns!

Anonymous said...

Love chickpeas! These look gorgeous . . . thanks!

Kalyn Denny said...

Yes, they do look delicious, but I don't like the idea of a bell that rings and everyone must stop eating! (Now anyone who hasn't followed your link will think I'm nuts!)