JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Saturday, February 28, 2009

A week in Devon
























To Devon for my brother-in-law's week-long 60th birthday party: walks on the beach, a recital of the Goldberg Variations by the harpsichordist David Wright, lots of talk, a little bridge, knitting - and no cooking.

I missed the party on the first night (I was at Lord's), but sent Lucius with a pudding, Jennifer Paterson's Adult Chocolate Cake ... and, unusually, several people enjoyed it so much they took the trouble to find out who had made it and remember to say something a day or two later. I'm not taking the credit, that belongs to JP; it's a very easy pud for a special occasion, a good one to have up your sleeve (so to speak).

4 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

What a glorious beach Joanna!
;) the DB just did a flourless chocolate cake with 3 ingredients that was so super easy I'm thinking it's going to be my totally lux brownie from now on.

Joanna said...

Yes, I spotted this morning that the DBs had done something similar. Mine has four ingredients, because you use black chocolate, which has little or no sweetening, so you need to put in a little sugar. It's fab .... just like the beach :)

Joanna

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

Sounds as though you had a lovely time.

I'm going to check out that cake right now!

Anonymous said...

At first I thought.. what a bizarre looking piano, but after watching that clip it certainly seems familiar. Funny story though, gangster turned harpsipianoplayer.