Just having a bit of a spring clean of my computer, and found, hidden away, from long ago, a lovely award given to me by Top Veg, the Tree of Happiness.
You have to list six things that make you happy:
- all my family sitting round the kitchen table eating a delicious dinner
- reading - a good book, a poem, a recipe, the newspaper ... not too keen on the cereal packet unless there really isn't anything else
- the warmth of the fire seen through the window of the woodburner, the smell of apple logs burning
- a delivery of fresh organic vegetables and milk from Riverford ... seasonal, delicious, and no need to go to the supermarket
- winter flowers - snowdrops, the scent of witch hazel, sarcococcus, iris reticulata ... all of them tiny, fleeting yet intense pleasures
- A Pot of Tea and a Biscuit - does what it says on the tin
- Eco-Gites of Lenault in Calvados - an English family in France
- Cabbage Tree Farm - on the road to self-sufficiency
- Glanbrydan - cooking for the farmers' market
- La Recette du Jour - another expat in France
- The Sunday Roaster - cooking on his woodburner
Thanks, Top Veg!
PS Bridget, can't find your email address, but I know you'll find this anyway!