JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fiona's meme






















Here's a meme that's doing the rounds - Fiona at Cottage Smallholder tagged me for it.

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Studying for my history finals at Oxford University, whilst juggling family life ... the children were 11, 9, 7 and 5 at that point.

What's on your to-do list today?


Make shepherd's pie for 15 (I've got a Cambridge college crew staying, training at Henley for next term's races).

Snacks I enjoy

The ones eaten standing up in front of the fridge ;) Also hummus and celery sticks

What would you do if you were a billionaire?

Sort out the house. Stage small-scale opera in the garden. Carry on as ever.

5 places I've lived

Henley on Thames
London
Hong Kong
Somalia/Eritrea
Harpsden

5 jobs

mucking out stables
cook
picture researcher
journalist
mother (far and away the hardest)

5 interesting blogs to tag ... these are all relatively new to me

Gillian at Skybluepink
Mediterranean Cooking in Alaska
The Leftover Queen
Girl Interrupted Eating
Keiko at Nordljus (not new to me, but lovely, especially the recent post about Sarah Raven's garden, one of the most inspiring places I know)

3 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Wow! You do wow me Joanna. Thanks for this one.

Laurie Constantino said...

You are a whirlwind, and lead an interesting life. Thank you for thinking of me. I already, sort of anyway, answered this meme. What a funny word that is - meme, I mean.

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Tanna got it spot on. You wow me too. You're often cooking for hoardes of people and it always seems like loads of fun.