JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Friday, November 30, 2007

Best blogs of the year

It's nomination time ... and there aren't enough categories, a clutch of my favourite blogs just couldn't be squeezed in to the 2007 Food Blog Awards

Here's a list of blogs that make my day ...

Tanna, Hannah, Sophie, Pomiane, Sue, Celia, Fiona

And here are my nominations:

Best food blog, chef: The Slow Cook
Best food blog, city: Figs Olive Wine
Best food blog, family: Little Foodies
Best food blog, photography: Lucullian Delights
Best food blog, rural: Kate Hill's French Adventure
Best food blog, theme: Garlic Breath
Best food blog, writing: Bread Water Salt Oil
Best new food blog: Book the Cook
Food blog of the year: A Year in Bread

All of these are worth putting in your feed reader, worth exploring. Some of these bloggers I'm proud to call my friends.

8 comments:

David Hall said...

Ahh, Joanna, I'm honoured! Thanls for nominating me, I'm chuffed, especially coming from a great Blog like yours. Thank you!!

Cheers
David xxx

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Joanna, thank you so, so much.
You've made my day!

Amanda x

Ed Bruske said...

very humbled, but also appreciative. it's nice to be read. I'm glad you included Kate Hill--what a fabulous blog she has...

SueCooksWild said...

Joanna,

Oh, thanks for mentioning me as one of the blogs that make your day! I am honored, especially since I have been so lax about posting anything lately. I do have a lot of recipes in my "to post" basket and must get with it! It was so much fun to meet you in London this summer! I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with what you are doing. You make my day also.

Kate Hill said...

Many thanks for inviting me in to share such great company. I am honored! It was about as rural as it gets today, hanging in a 11th-C chateau all afternoon making duck confit with two sister-magicians. The things I learned....

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

Joanna, I'm so honored! I can't believe you thought of me for this, and I'm beyond flattered that someone whose work I so admire nominated me. I'm heading to link to see how it all works now. Thank you!

Cottage Smallholder said...

Thank you so much for putting me in your "blogs that make my day section."

I am really flattered to be chosen by such a great, inspirational blogger.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Joanna, I'm honoured to be in such great company!