JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Friday, July 06, 2007

A week at Henley Royal Regatta


Too busy to blog properly, but someone asked me to tell them about the regatta, so here are a couple of pictures. This is a pretty typical regatta scene - it shows "my" crew, Newport Aquatic Center from Newport Beach California, wending their way down to the start during the lunch break for a spot of practice.

The other photo shows my sister just about to leave for the enclosures - wellies essential this year ... and none of us can remember a year when the Stewards announced that wellies could be worn. She borrowed these from Lettice.

Just off to produce supper for about 20-25 ... not very elegant - meatballs and baked potatoes, combined with leftovers from our lunch picnic, a joint effort attended by five or six families. Then a game of rounders. Lucius has mown the lawn specially, the first break in the rain long enough to get all the grass cut.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read about the dress code for the regatta! Unbelievable. I also finally got the yard mowed between rain storms. It was pretty HIGH and needed raked. Oh, my back. Am baking chocolate chip cookies for a belated 4th of July party at my neighbor's tomorrow! Sounds like you are cooking up a storm for all those folks. Lucky them!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

That seems like a wonderful time is being had by all. And I'd say who ever is getting your goodies is plenty lucky!
Thanks for the great pictures. I'll root for your team.

Karen Baking Soda said...

So nice to see these pictures! And I love the wellies combo, very elegant!