JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Monday, May 21, 2007

The scent of these sweet peas is almost overpowering
























These lovely sweet peas were planted last year, and seeded themselves. They were in flower before I had planted out any of the seedlings I raised this year ... now they are in full flower. Matucana, aka Cupani's original, the mother of all sweet peas - and obviously tough as old boots, as well as being the most beguiling and sweetly scented of them all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanna,
I can practically smell them from here! They look lovely.
Sara from farmingfriends

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

They're beautiful! Amanda

Joanna said...

Thank you ... they're on my desk, and the smell as I opened the door this morning was really intense. I made a resolution a year or two ago to try to plant only scented flowers - these really make it easy not to waver!

Joanna

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Beautiful! I often bring my herbs in as a bouquet. I've not tried sweet peas as Dallas gets so hot so fast most years it just doesn't pay.