JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Friday, May 18, 2007

Blogs worth visiting: the great big vegetable challenge

This is an idea I have shamelessly pinched from Fiona at the Cottage Smallholder - also a great blog, one I've discovered recently. It's an interesting mix of gardening, cooking, and beekeeping, just up my street.

I'm not sure how I discovered the Great Big Vegetable Challenge, even though it was only yestereday ... Charlotte's son Freddie doesn't like vegetables, and so she is working her way through the alphabet, from A to Z, three recipes for each and every veg. Yes, that's right, not just one veg per letter, all the veg for each letter ... as Charlotte says: so far Fred has tried asparagus, aubergine, artichoke, broccoli, beetroot, butternut squash, brussel sprouts, beans, cauliflour, courgette, celeriac, carrot, cabbage, corn,celery, cucumber,chard, chicory, cress ... and now they're at D, and she's stuck - until she discovered DAIKON. No, me neither ... but any mother who's prepared to go to those lengths to give her son a healthy diet has got to be worth reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The great big vegetable challenge is a fantastic site. One that all parents with young children should read.
Sara from farmingfriends

Joanna said...

Sara, it was on your site that I found the Great Big Veg Challenge, and you took a bit of finding, too, so here's your link for other people to follow:

http://www.farmingfriends.com/

Joanna

Cottage Smallholder said...

I love the blog too. And I don't have children. Thanks for introducing us to this great blog. It's fun and informative.