JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Thursday, September 03, 2009

Spaghetti with mussels

Lettice and I went to the market this morning. I found damsons and Kent cobnuts; Lettice found mussels. We ate them for lunch - quick, easy, delicious.

Cook the mussels as if you were making moules marinière. Cook the spaghetti. Soften a few halved tiny tomatoes in a frying pan with some oil (and perhaps a little basil). When everything has finished cooking, serve it together in hot soup plates: put the spaghetti in first, next the tomatoes, then the mussels, then the soup. Fabulous.


PS a kilo will easily do four people served this way

2 comments:

Cottage Smallholder said...

Oh that sounds so good.

We ate too many mussels a few years ago but your recipe has me thinking that perhaps we must come out of mussel purdah.

Mixed Drink Recipes said...

I can't understand why more people don't enjoy mussels. I love them. Thanks for the recipe!