JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy birthday H
























It's our elder son's 20th birthday today. His final teenage act was to telephone at 3am to ask if he could bring a few friends to lunch.

He was born on a sunny Sunday morning at home in our old four-poster. Out of the window I could see the laburnum tree in full flower - ever since I've had a soft spot for it, even though I don't really care for that bright bright yellow. These photographs were taken last week; the flowers are over now, summer starts earlier these days.

Happy birthday!

3 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

An incredible lovely memory!
Happy Birthday to the boy!

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

At 3am??!!

Obviously his mother is the patient and forgiving type... ;)

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Happy Birthday H!

A very lovely memory and could you adopt me?! Of course I come with a husband now and 2 children so perhaps not...

I remember when I used to make very late calls home. I don't think it was ever that late... possibly if calling from another country.