JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Daily bread 2

The flour and water mess I made this morning has - all by itself - turned into bread dough, full of lovely air pockets. I've put it in the fridge; I'll be baking either late tonight when we get back from the theatre, or first thing tomorrow morning. I'll post the proportions I've used tomorrow, when I'm sure it works as well as I think.


Nine o'clock this morning, straight after measuring the flour, water, yeast and salt.


12 noon, the shaggy mess has turned itself into a smooth dough. No kneading involved, just a little light stirring with a wooden spoon.


It's also twice the size, and full of air pockets.

Want to try this yourself? Come back tomorrow ...

3 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

;) so many ways to work the magic of yeast!

Trish said...

Oh I will come back tomorrow for sure. I love bread making...not always successful...but mostly. I made 12 loaves of sweet Easter bread, PASKA, this weekend. I always thot everyone but me knew how to make bread but maybe not...I shall just have to post it then sometime. Can't wait to see this tomorrow....til then..happy Tuesday.

Sam said...

It's looking good, I'm going to try this recipe!