JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tree of happiness award








Just having a bit of a spring clean of my computer, and found, hidden away, from long ago, a lovely award given to me by Top Veg, the Tree of Happiness.

You have to list six things that make you happy:

  1. all my family sitting round the kitchen table eating a delicious dinner
  2. tulips
  3. reading - a good book, a poem, a recipe, the newspaper ... not too keen on the cereal packet unless there really isn't anything else
  4. the warmth of the fire seen through the window of the woodburner, the smell of apple logs burning
  5. a delivery of fresh organic vegetables and milk from Riverford ... seasonal, delicious, and no need to go to the supermarket
  6. winter flowers - snowdrops, the scent of witch hazel, sarcococcus, iris reticulata ... all of them tiny, fleeting yet intense pleasures
And six blogs, new-ish to me, which make me happy, & which get my Tree of Happiness award:



Thanks, Top Veg!


PS Bridget, can't find your email address, but I know you'll find this anyway!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joanna - a lively list! Another friend has had tulips at the top of her list, so I have become interested, (& now fascinated!) in them as a result.
I will enjoy researching the blogs

Thanks, TopVeg

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanna
Thanks for including us, nice surprise to come home to!

You're not so bad yourself :-)
Nice 'happy' list. Yes tulips (following on from topveg, makes me wnat to investigate. Any sort in particular or shouldn't I ask.

Rgds
Sam

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Hi Joanna
Thanks for the award, how nice. Glad you are enjoying my blog.
cheers
Bridget

A Green and Rosie Life said...

Thank you for the award and I'm so pleased you are enjoying the blog - and it explains why I was getting so many hits via your blog :-). Now I am trying to pare down my happinness list to just 6 things!!

Rosie x (aka one half of eco-gites)