JOANNA'S FOOD: family cooking, from scratch, every day


Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Christmas!


















Happy Christmas everybody ... it's five past midnight, we've just had a very happy evening with my sister's friend Elizabeth and her family visiting from California, and my parents. Roast sirloin, lots of vegetables, good cheese, fruit (lovely sticky dates), some nice Beaujolais, and a great after-dinner game of Mafia .... some hitherto unsuspected brilliant liars amongst us.

Our guests have gone off to the midnight service at Henley parish church (where we were married), so now it's just us: all six of us under one roof, something which doesn't happen very often these days ... and a phrase which I'm always teased about, whether or not I actually say it. Now everyone has disappeared to wrap presents, I've just put on the washing machine, and I'm waiting to fill the dishwasher one last time before I go to bed. A little time to reflect ... and to wish all my cyberfriends A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS, and many more to come. See you on Boxing Day!

xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a very merry Christmas to you and your family Joanna,enjoy your day.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

I know how grand that all under one roof thing is!
Merry Christmas to you Joanna!

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Happy Christmas Joanna. Hope you and the family have a truly wonderful day.

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas to you Joanne! And to your family - having them all under one roof is probably one of the best presents imaginable.

Chris said...

I love that picture! Buon Natale/Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Katy said...

merry christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a lovely Christmas with your family Joanna. I enjoy reading your blog. Best Wishes Sara from farmingfriends